Tuesday 2 February 2010

If I had the money to go to the record store I would. Yeah, I would.

Hey,

The return of my laptop, as I said a few days ago, has meant many things have returned to my life. Most notably, Facebook. But another welcome reunion has been the one between myself and BBC iPlayer.

As a student, and consequently television-less, iPlayer has been a bit of a lifesaver. I do not miss out on my favourite shows, and I also watch them when I want to watch them, roughly on the same terms as Sky+. Looking back, scheduled TV listings just seem a bit, well, weird really. They have become a diet which you do not have to stick to, and if you don't you will lose the same amount of weight regardless of whether you done the exercise or not.

Another advantage of iPlayer - in conjunction with the free time a first year student has - has been the possibility to watch programs you would normally flick over whilst browsing the many channels on digital. One such program which I came upon last night was Hustle, Midsomer Murders, but half the length and twice as enjoyable. Oh, and without murder. In fact, the murder thing is quite essential to Midsomer Murders, not so much Hustler. Ultimately, it is my kind of show.

Another show which had it's UK debut last night was The Cleveland Show, a spin-off from Family Guy. If you love Family Guy, you will love this too. I know I did.

Right, before I end up becoming a TV critic, I better get off this thing. After all, this essay "What impact did unemployment have on society in the inter-war period?" is not going to write itself. If only I could con someone into doing it for me. Hopefully, it's a spoiler for next week's Hustle...

DC x

No comments:

Post a Comment