Monday 1 February 2010

Deadline Day; Call the Masses.

Hey,

I know I know I know I KNOW I said I would try and write this blog daily. Circumstances (broken laptop) have meant that I couldn't. With that excuse gone it may appear that I have failed on this promise. But technically, I havent, for you see I started this blog on Monday 1st February, so make of this what you will. Not as if it matters, in the grand scheme of things. If I did not write this blog civilisation would still function. I would still function. What is the point of this?

A bit downbeat? Yeah, sorry. I don't really feel like that, it is just an introduction for today's blog. Not that much has happened since we last met; I caught up with Glee, followed by four hours of vomiting/crying. Whichever is more manly, because Glee doesn't produce that sort of reaction out of me. More a feeling of discontent, cringe and at best, an admiration of Sue's tracksuits. Adidas Original will always be cool.

Today though was the last day of the January transfer window. Anyone with an eagle eye will have noticed however that today is the start of February. It makes no sense, right? As a Celtic fan (don't judge) transfer windows generally mean a relatively empty month, with nothing but jealousy of the spending power of Stoke and Bolton to feed on. But this year has been different; players have been bought, sold to Middlesbrough (contender to be the new Coventry, possibly?) and it has all been very exciting. Especially the signing of Robbie Keane.

Good news, yes, but the messiah no he is not. The reaction of the Celtic fans is on a similar scale to said Monty Python sketch. But yet hundreds, literally hundreds of fans have turned up at the gates of Celtic Park to see him. It all reminds me of Newcastle so much when Kevin Keegan was signed/sacked/signed again/sacked again. Ultimately, Keane, like all of us, is human. Any less than a Keane-inspired league trophy will be seen as a disappointment.

To conclude, I should really be going to bed. University is tomorrow and I am tired from my hockey exploits. On the other hand, my flatmates are out tonight, I am tempted to stay up and laugh at drunk people. Heck, they have done it to me enough times...

DC x

No comments:

Post a Comment