Tuesday 16 February 2010

Goodnight, Irene.

Hey,

You probably did not get the reference in the title, did you? I thought not. You're so ignorant. I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Wait come back. I was clearly joking, because "Goodnight Irene" is the anthem of the lesser known football team I support. The mighty Bristol Rovers FC. Surprisingly, they are not that well known, especially up here in Scotland. Surprising, because they are the second best team in Bristol, albeit out of two. They play in the third tier of English football and very seldom get on air time or even column inches. Even on my blog. Even Scouting For Girls have been on my blog.

But last night was different; infront of a packed Memorial Stadium Rovers' home match versus Charlton was screened on Sky Sports One. this in itself is a minor miracle as we (I shall refer to Bristol Rovers as "we" now) have not been on TV for two years. And unlike the other team I support, Celtic (who?) they actually won! I cheered so loud when they scored my flatmate thought something wrong had happened becasue she overheard. This story deserves far more detail then I am supplying, but I am in a rush because the Milan-Manchester United game is about to start! Hopefully this is not the last time I write about Rovers, and hopefully it's the last time time I write about Scouting For Girls.

Sorry by the way Scouting For Girls, nothing personal. Honestly.

DC x

No comments:

Post a Comment