Friday 22 January 2010

Green means go. Away.

Hey.

Last night's "Traffic Light" party or whatever it was at the GUU last night was actually ok. Not because of the theme, though. Essentially, the idea of making single people wear green was both unflattering and pointless; unflattering because it oozed off a sense of desperation and pointless because, well, you can kind of tell who the single ones at these sorts of events anyway. I managed to have a good time on not much money and managed to effectively make two people walk home because I stole the taxi they were supposed to be getting with their friends. yes, I am a bit of a dick.

Currently, I am in the library, avoiding doing the reading I came in here to do. So far, this has included going on iPlayer to see what I will be watching when I go back to the flat and trying to get the University wi-fi on my iPod. Writing this blog is also doing the trick. It has been moderately successful in distracting me, and I also found out that not only is Mock the Week back, but it is Frankie Boyle-less. Seriously. At least they have found an equally funny replacement, right? Wrong. Patrick Keilty. The drop-down in humour is like that of "The Best" Cooked ham to "M Value" pig fat, or Katya moving from a Rolling Stone to Basshunter. Which ever analogy suits you best, I guess. I'll probably find him funny though, in the same surprised way I found Glee almost enjoyable. Almost.

DC x

ps, just for the record, I wore green last night. Very, very, very, very dark green. The blackest green imaginable. But technically, yes, it was green.

No comments:

Post a Comment