Saturday 23 January 2010

Footbawl.

Hey,

For the first time in literally months I played football today. Five-a-sides, astroturf, in the centre of Glasgow. Due to my absence from any football pitch recently, this also meant the hasty purchase of astroturf trainers. I went to Sports Direct/ Sport Soccer/ Soccer Sport/ Soccer Direct/ Direct Soccer/ Direct Sports or whatever the bloody hell it is called to buy the cheapest pair of size 9s in stock. Done.

I'll be honest with you, playing football today was actually magic. Not Paul Daniels magic. Not even Jack Daniels magic. But it was 'proper' magic. I might start doing it more often. Just to be kicking a ball again was nice. And I scored twice. And that rhymed. Score.

The football finished at two, which meant Craig and I were cutting it fine in reaching football part two; Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline. As a newly converted Jags fan today should've been a nightmare, with Partick losing 4-1. But to be honest I was pleased just to see some goals for once, even if they were in the wrong goal. Part Three of the football was at Curlers to watch the Spurs vs Leeds match. Cracking match, but was ruined by a) the pub having subtitles on and b)said subtitles being completely wrong and useless. "Crutch and Defoe are scored goals". What?

I can't finish today's blog without a brief review of "Mock the Week" which I watched on iPlayer last night. It wasn't that bad, it just missed the constant West of Scotland-abusive-anti-Kerry Katona/Michael Jackson-quick wittiness of Frankie Boyle. Then again, so is Panorama but you'll seldom see to anyone complain about it, do you?

DC x

ps Five songs I recommend loads eh;

1)Idea for a Story - Bloc Party
2)You've Got Everything Now - The Smiths
3)A Thing For Me - Metronomy
4)Liquid Lives (Noisia Remix) - Hadouken!
5)Heartbreaker - MSTRKRFT

No comments:

Post a Comment