Wednesday 31 March 2010

Home.


Hey,

So I'm back in Fort William the now for Easter, until Sunday, when I depart for Italy for a week. I cannot wait for the trip, although going by bus for two days via a ferry will be interesting to put it lightly.

I am in Fort William until then however. This, despite the hush that follows you everywhere in this town, is not too bad. Today is my Grandfather's birthday (he's 70, if you are wondering) so that will be some sort of family shindig. The rest of my family arrive on Friday, so that is all very exciting. Another way to pass the time has been the reunion between myself and the xbox, and what a beautiful reunion it has been. To celebrate the reunion I hired "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2", probably the best game out (debate among yourself). Unfortunately this meant doing the "Airport" level on, coincidentally, the day Moscow had a terrorist attack. I felt awful, especially when I posted on twitter that I had "I just killed shitloads of innocent Russians. Sweet. #callofduty" without realising what exactly I had said. I still feel bad about that tweet.

Also started watching "Yes Minister" which for a political mind like mine (I like to think) is hilarious. It's set in the Department for Administrative Affairs following the minister Jim Hacker and how he is manipulated into policies by the experienced Civil Service.

In many regards, the origins of "The Thick of It" are quite evident. "The Thick of It" is set in a department of similar importance, which is a bit of a governmental graveyard. The influence of Sir Humphrey in "Yes Minister" can be compared to Malcolm Tucker. If you like "The Thick of It" you will love "Yes Minister", probably even more so if you aren't fond of swearing.

I can't really write much more, for I have nothing more to write. Um, see "the game" last night? That guy was well offside wasn't he? At least he got an away goal for it?

I'll write before I leave on Sunday,

DC x

No comments:

Post a Comment