Monday 31 August 2009

Pretty Good Week!

Hey,

I'm not going to lie, this week has been pretty magic! It's probably the best week since the Graduation/RockNess/Oasis period in early June. I know there hasn't been much competition for "best week", mainly because every week has followed the same format of three things:

a)That I don't like working
b)Whether I went out at the weekend or not
c)What music I like currently.

Now don't worry, because these elements are still in this week's blog. It wouldn't be a blog without them. This week just had a bit more good things to report back with! Normally I have to keep track of exciting things that happen be writing it down before I forget, but I realised that using twitter (see right) could do the same thing.

The week started just as any other, working Monday and Tuesday back shift. On Wednesday I went to the gym with Cara, which was fun mainly, except for her showing that the majority of the fitness I once had had diminished. Twenty minutes of the treadmill and I was nearly out of breath. I could blame it on Morrisons, on how I have to work all hours to save for university (see point A) but instead I'll blame it on the asthma. It is a right bastard.

After the gym I went for a swim with Cara, but tired as I was from the gym I opted for playing "drowning victim #1" for her lifesaving test. I played the role very successfully I felt, though the splashing and my shouting was unnecessary.
Apparently.

Then later that evening on Twitter - which is now in the English dictionary by the way, as is "btw" - cool stuff happened. Firstly a tweet to You Me At Six was replied by the band (I think, it's the official twitter but possibly not them), it went along the lines of this:

"DavidCHilds: who writes the lyrics in @youmeatsix songs?"
"youmeatsix: @DavidChilds That would be Josh!"

Now I know they are a bit emo, but I don't really care to be honest. Later on that evening they announced that they are doing a store appearance (meet and greet, acoustic set, I am not sure) at Avalanche shortly after I move to Glasgow. Good times!

Thursday was also an excellent day. Not because I was working 12-9 (of course not) but because an article of mine got published in When Saturday Come's website. WSC is this independent football magazine, a favourite of mine as it is filled with good sports journalism. To get my article published on the site (http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/3820/38/) about Fort William FC's reality TV is something I am quite proud of. The guy behind the project has actually read it, as he commented about it on his faceebook I have been told. In exchange for doing the piece I got a football book, which was in my hands the next day. So, in theory I got paid £13. Well, in pages.

I spent Saturday evening not going out (see point "c")due to finances/lack of willingness to go. This will sound sad but the TV was worth staying in for. The United/Arsenal match and the Milan derby were smashing matches, followed by Mock the Week, Have I Got News For You, Shooting Stars and Match of the Day. Perfect night in.

The CD fair was in town on Sunday (b). Got a few albums; Placebo's "Without You I'm Nothing" and Europe's greatness. The Europe album is immense! It's very 80's, very over the top with one too many solos but overall an album collection is not complete without one. Billy Talent III, surprisingly the third album from Billy Talent,is also a decent album.

And that has been the week basically. Been a pretty good week overall and this one should also be good, with a return to Ossians imminent!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment