Sunday 6 June 2010

Blog Neglect.

Hey,

So, fair to say I have been quite guilty of blog neglect, and for that I am really sorry. Yes I am. Have you missed my ignorant, biased, one-sided opinions on politics, life and whatnot? Thought so.

Truth be told the last few weeks have been fairly uneventful; this coalition is still in its early days, much in the same way The Times are experimenting with a subscription-based website. Nothing really feels different yet, not until this emergency budget comes into effect. This current period is the anaesthetic before the big surgery on the country's finances. It's still going to hurt, though.

To be fair to David Cameron, he has dealt with the problems he has faced during the first few weeks of office well.

His reaction following the Whitehaven tragedy was assuring, rejecting populist claims of a review of gun licenses in the UK (I'm not that much of a left-wing tool am I?). After all, what happened in Whitehaven could of happened anywhere, regardless of what legislation is in placed.

The murdering of the prostitutes in Bradford was dealt with a sense of decorum, although he did say that tougher measures on curb-crawlers were needed. To be honest, I thought murder was as tough a measure as could be expected... (I retract the previous statement regarding me being a tool).

Anyways, politicians are all going on their summer holidays shortly anyway, so I'm sure my post-election drivel will effervesce like the salts in Chandler Bing's bath. So shall I talk about my life now? Yeah OK!

Well, lots of stuff is happening, really. I don't work at Morrisons anymore. Shocking stuff I know, but as of now I am working in a pub. It's good like. Rockness is also looming, and despite saying that I wouldn't go, turns out I'm going to go on the Sunday now. The Strokes and Blondie should be alright, never heard of them to be honest though.

Here's the weird thing; next week, after my annual trip to Dores which I will review most likely on this blog, will mark the one year anniversary of this blog. Remember the first one? Oh nostalgia...

ps I'm gonna try and run a half marathon. Seriously. I've bought trainers and everything, so watch this space.

DC
x

No comments:

Post a Comment