Thursday 1 July 2010

Recap. And a Mid-Blog Crisis.

Hey,

So how have you been recently? Good? I certainly hope so, what with your dodgy ankle and that. Should probably lay off the treadmill for a while. And the pies. Whoops, Freudian slip there.

Yeah, I think it's time for a wee re-evaluation of Summer 2010; in a nutshell, it has been pretty good. I am no longer a fishmonger, but now a drinksmonger (not a word, but it is now, because I say so) at The Crofter. It's a nice pub, I recommend it.

It's a bit weird, looking back on last year's blog entries - the topic of discussion doesn't really differ really, general distress of working in a supermarket - since this year I don't really have much to complain about. I'm working, but it's actually quite good. I go on holiday to Belfast next week (incidentally whilst some marching is going on) and the World Cup is on. A lot. So life is fine. Which, unfortunately, means writing about how shit my life is is quite tricky really. This means I've tried to write about other things (sport, being a "leftie", television, etc) but it's just not the same. Is it a case in which for one to have a funny (or at least attempted humour) personal blog one must have a miserable life? It feels like it.

So what should I do people? It is said that for a record company to be successful it must sign bands of the same genre. Should I, if I want to be a journalist, just focus on one subject? And if so, what subject? I need answers people!

Help me out please,

DC
x

No comments:

Post a Comment